Monday, November 21, 2011

What is the best shampoo or wash to wash your professional powder brushes with?

i have a really bad problem with acne i break out easily and also have very sensitive skin so i cant use products with alot of fragrance and stuff.





ive heard baby shampoo works great but i wanted to be sure. my brushes are new and quite expensive so i dont want to mess them upWhat is the best shampoo or wash to wash your professional powder brushes with?
MAC brush cleanser works extremely well, but I find that I end up using quite a bit because it's very concentrated and watery, so you tend to use more. It's wonderful, though, and worth the pricey tag if you shop at MAC, as you can put your empty bottles towards Back2MAC, so when you accumulate 6 empty products (lipstick, eyeshadow, pigment, blush, etc.), you can take them to the store and get a free lipstick of your choice!





You can also get a cheap ULTA brand brush cleanser from ULTA, they work really well and leave little residue if washed out thoroughly.





Basically, you can use foam hand soap, baby shampoo, or pretty much anything you want...just don't use fortifying shampoos or anything like that which may strip and trash your brushes. I use my redken all soft shampoo on my huge, fluffy powder brushes, and it makes them SUPER soft. :]What is the best shampoo or wash to wash your professional powder brushes with?
Yes, I've heard baby shampoo is gentle for washing the brushes, but does the manufacturer of the brushes have a special soap that they make specifically for those brushes? If they are quite expensive, chances are they do. If not, and you are sensitive, I would choose a non-scented soap, or something like Aveno which is more hypo-allergenic. Just be sure to rinse them well.





Good luck with that!
Yes baby shampoo works fine, I also like to put conditioner on mine, in between washing you can use a brush cleaner I like to use the one by Ben Nye, do not submerge your brushes under water or use hot water. You can read more about brush care on my site at http://www.naloinc.com
The shampoo I've used has never made a difference to my brushes. As long as you rinse them properly with warm water there should be no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment