Monday, August 23, 2010

How long do I have to wait until I can shampoo my hair?

I got semi-permanent hair dye put in my hair today and I would like to know how long I should wait to shampoo my hair so that the color won`t fade away quickly.How long do I have to wait until I can shampoo my hair?
Semi permanent colours only last a certain number of washes anyway. A standard semi can last up to 8 washes and a quasi up to 16 washes. So if you don't want it to fade quickly don't wash your hair as often.


You should also use a conditioner after each wash, this will help to close the cuticles and seal the colour.How long do I have to wait until I can shampoo my hair?
i think about 2 days but i am not sure Report Abuse

IF IT IS A PERM 3 DAYS COLOR CAN BE WASHED ASAP !!!
you can wash as soon and as often as you like but beware-because semi permanent dyes fade with time the more you wash your hair the quicker it will fade.
you can wash it now!! just try to get a hair colour shampoo,it helps, oh also you usually get a small thing of conditioner in your pack use that as it is supposed to be specially formulated to work with that product. it will fade gradually anyway so when it does, decide on wether to make it more permanant next time! oh and also deep condition it now and then, it will help with the stress of colouring!!x
I would say leave it just a few days, and use a shampoo for coloured hair ie Dove or what ever make you perfer.
Give it at leaste 48 hours so it gives it time to settle in you cant stop it from fading or washing out as it is a semi permanent colour but after your first wash the color will look better as the top layer of the colour always looks slightly dull and masked but after the colour has faded you find you realy liked the colour then go for a permanent next time it lasts longer x
my daughter is a hairdresser and told me 2 days - she suggests using conditioner at each was to 'seal the hair cuticles'
I think they say you should wait at least a day, so I'd say by Sunday morning should be good. You can wet it down if you need to, but avoid shampoo and conditioner for tomorrow at least.
when it get greasy





Hair colour fades out anyway the first few times you wash it
Normally it will be written on the packet or the broshure inside.Please chek up.Normally semi permanent hair dye can be washed in large quanity of water after it is dry or after a few hours.Instead of using shampoo use some soft liquid soap.
You can wash dye right away. But perms you can't
i cant believe this question is coming from a female. arnt u supposed to shampoo ur hair by default every other day?
You can shampoo tomorrow if you want....semi-permanent will wash out a little bit at a time...permanent last a bit longer but eventually fades as well, call a beauty salon if your curious, they might better assist you.
The less you wash it, the longer the colour will stay in.


Or to put it this way, every wash steals some colour.


Wait as long as you can between each wash. Usually, my hairdresser tells me, hair is fine even if it is washed every second or even every third day. (Well, that depends on your lifestyle, of course, smoky pubs or a hard workout requires washing...)
make sure you dont wash your hair until at least 48hrs... afetr you have dyed your hair..and a semi-color only lasts for a little while,so enjoy your new color i have just semi colored my hair with burgundy highlights...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment