Saturday, August 21, 2010

Which is the best shampoo and conditioner?

I have long dry and damaged hair that is also highlighted. It is very weak and breaks easily from brushing. At the moment i am using shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair but i want to treat the split ends at the same time.


Is there a shampoo and conditioner that i can use for dry and damaged hair that is also for coloured hair?Which is the best shampoo and conditioner?
First as a hairstylist I'm telling you probably nothing you can buy outside of a salon is going to help you.





It sounds like your hair was highlighted with bleach. Bleach can be extremely damaging and drying to the hair if left on too long.





Call your stylist and tell her/him that you hair is breaking off since she/he highlighted. If your stylist wants to keep you as a client she/he will give you a deep conditioning free of charge.





For a while you are going to have to be careful with you hair. After you wash it don't scrub at it with the towel. Wrap the length of you hair in the towel and wring it like you would a if you were trying to remove the water from a wet towel. This will reduce the amount of tangling. Also try not to wash your hair eveyday. Unless your hair gets oily washing everyday is not only not necessary but is unhealthy for your hair, you're washing out the natural oils and conditioners it needs to stay healthy.





Apply a leave-in conditioner and comb out with a large wide-toothed comb, not a brush. This will reduce the amount of breakage by a large amount.





Before you blow-dry apply a thermal protectant to reduce the amount of heat damage.





As far as shampoo, I recommend that you get L'oreal Professional Intense Repair. For both the shampoo and conditioner you'll probably pay $40 - $50. It is more that you'd pay for a store brand but L'oreal Professional products are highly concentrated and should last you about 3 times longer.





Good LuckWhich is the best shampoo and conditioner?
I use the Schwarzkopf products, have for years and I bleach my hair at least 6 times a year but keep it quite short.


Warm olive oil is great also, a bit of a nuisance washing it out but worth the effort, makes your hair very shiny and soft.
In our family we have found the best shampoo for us is treseme,


they do a great range of all different shampoos and conditioners.


For a very large bottle it is about 拢3.00, but most shops do a special - buy 1 get 1 free,


so we tend to stock up on it.


It is worth a try, and my mum who is a hairdresser swears by it.


Also after washing your hair use a wide toothed comb and not a brush.


But for split ends i am afraid that they would have to be cut out, ideally you should have your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
I also has the same problem, dry %26amp; color treated hair. I swear by 2 things. Pantene shampoo %26amp; conditioner for permed or color treated hair. I always let the conditioner sit in my hair for a minute or two. And then use a boars hair brush as it evenly distributes the natural oils in your hair. It leaves you hair feeling silky soft. I rarely have split ends now. My hair dresser tells me how heathly my hair is every time I am in %26amp; I color my hair every 6 weeks or so!
try dove... they have shampoo and conditioner for darkened and lightened hair... it works soooo well
Go back to your hairdresser and ask their advice. You could try a deep conditioning treatment, I'd recommend John Frieda and TIGI. In fact, TIGI do a a shampoo and conditioner called Dumb Blonde (yeah offensive name, huh!) and it is designed for damaged or dry coloured blonde hair. You can get it at salons, but it is a little on the expensive side.
Rehab shampoo and Retread conditioner from Lush.
I would have the split ends cut off by your hairdresser. Then I would try one of those leave in hair conditioners they advertised on the tv all the time.


Your hair is damaged from the highlighting and all the oils have been stripped out of it these need to be replaced back into your hair
the best is garnier, because it works for all different hair types and the products all have much of the same ingredient it's affordable and it last long
Hi i have blonde hair and i colour it every 6 weeks and that hppens alot to me with straightening it every day but the best thing i find i friz ease hair repair conditioner its in a sachet and is really good you can get it from boots its great stuff
Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner.
herbal essences, it smells soooooo nice. You really go ooooohhhh in the shower, lol.


really though, i use 'Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure' shampoo and moisture kick. They are really quite expensive and at first I thought my stylist was ripping me off. It is 拢8.00 for the bottle of shampoo and the treatment is 拢8.50 / 拢9.00. These are only available in professional hair salons. Sounds so expensive I know, but my hair shines now and when I wave it about I look like that woman in the l'oreal commercial!!
TIGI has a great line of products. I use Bed Head. I use to get my hair relaxed but since I discovered Bed Head's Moisture Maniac series I stopped the chemicals and I only use a ceramic flat iron. Moisture maniac will do wonders for all hair types. Its a worthy investment.
Clairol is brill with a full range - what about a trim for the split ends.
Garnier Fructis
y dont you get a treatment put on your hair at the salon as it can work wonders for the shine and texture i worked in a salon and saw some disasters we only charged 拢2 for a treatment so get one a week and still shampoo and condition your hair at home but not every day coz it will loose its natural moisture and you will notice a difference
hmm...well i used to have long damaged hair as well...first off...id cut a little bit off just because thast whats prolly really making ure hair look damaged. a bit off can go a long way...after that...get some herbal essences...shampoo and conditioner...also..get either aussie or garnier fructis deep conditioner..and use that like every saturday...that should do you good...also..you can go to like a grocery store somewhere and get some coconut oil and warm it up and leave it in your hair for about 30 minutes...wash it off and just keep it going with the cleansing with the shampoos and stuff.
I use water, and eat plenty of fruit and veg...





no shampoo, no condiutioner, I just let my hair clean itself with natural oils...works fine...
I use kerestase shampoo and conditioner which i get from my salon - although quite expensive, i have found that it has made my hair much stronger and keeps split ends at bay! I have highlighted hair as well and my hairdresser told me to use it as highlighting your hair can make it weaker and this shampoo and conditioner helps stop this. Its called ';bain de force'; and comes in a green bottle - made by kerastase. Good luck! hope this helps! x
palmolive natural shampoo try it
Try John Freida - his range is designed for coloured hair yet he has diff shampoos etc for diff sorts of hair (they do a blonde highlighted one designed for weak hair and hair prone to breakage). It is about a fiver for a shampoo but lasts ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment